PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2011, 08:28
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
extra Sumburgh

Presume the RYR post above is a mistake insofar as it's posted in the ABZ thread. However would ABZ at the present time sustain any more RYR flights? I remember every so often the parties would say they "continued to talk to each other" but seems to have gone quiet. Would 189-seat 738s pay on any more routes out of here? Occasionally someone from the airline would attack the charges whilst also saying that they could launch a couple of new routes out of ABZ. Personally, for all that is said about them, I would like to see RYR try a couple of routes from here...although I accept they do court controversy!

Meanwhile, loganair are to add 60 flights between Sumburgh & ABZ over the summer, between 17/6 & 22/8. This takes account of school holidays & the Tall Ships event which I presume is coming to Shetland. I was lucky enough to be at two Tall Ships events when they came to Aberdeen, & it was a colourful scene indeed & well worth seeing! Remember the DC3 pleasure flights out of ABZ, & similar heli flights where the helis were based at the links!