PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why so few girls ?
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2002, 06:18
brockenspectre

Rainbow Chaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Fundamental reason I couldn't become a professional pilot is my eyesight fails to meet the required standard and... as I was growing up in the era of Hamble, and got the prospectus (before I figured out about my eyesight) I knew I wouldn't be able to get the scientific A-levels required for entry (unlike a v good air cadet friend of mine at the time who "did" Hamble and is now a BA captain)... it took me so long to get into the air privately 'cos I just didn't have the means!! Oddly enough, it was only when I started in banking in the mid '80s, after a couple of other "jobs", that I found I have no problem with maths (calculating bond yields etc) .. it was all a question of having it explained properly!!!

Anyway, I have always adored being airborne and always will - especially in pursuit of my circular rainbows (brockenspectres)

I also wish to thank the many "front seat of house" folks who, in the time when it was possible, let me join them in the best seat when I was flying as pax but asked to visit - I was often there for take off and nearly always for landings!!! BRILLIANT!!