PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2011, 15:28
wanna_be_there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, Im sorry shed, but I did find this:

There is much to commend your super-happy outlook on life; you must have a great time and I wish you well! You're probably great company at a party
Very belittling. You may as well have said 'run along boy, you have a lot to learn in life', which I find quite insulting.

At the end of the day, Im actually quite happy with where MAN lies at the present moment in time. Yes, 2012 will probably be very different, as I doubt as much capacity will need to be added, the fuel increases will hit hard if the prices are at the same rate as now when it comes to the airlines renewing their fuel hedging prices.

In terms of doom and gloom, lets put MAN into perspective shall we?

BHX has had the grand total of 0 new routes so far this year (I dont count RYR cutting 1 destination to add another as an increase, as its the same capacity). Even KLM steered clear of adding capacity into BHX when LBA/MAN/BRS and so on got an extra flight each.

DSA lost easyjet the back end of this year, gained a few Ryanair flights, but with the latest spat, even ALC will be gone again.

LPL pax figures have gone down again lately, and so on.

So, with Cargo increasing at MAN, Pax figures going upwards, upgrades, new airport city, new control tower, new destinations, new services, why does the doom and gloom have to take such a front stance?