PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2011, 14:55
wanna_be_there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is much to commend your super-happy outlook on life; you must have a great time and I wish you well! You're probably great company at a party. But sometimes inconvenient realities do intrude and must be taken in to account
Now come on shed, there is no need to belittle my posts!
Im not reporting 'super happy spin', Im mearly commenting on the simple, basic fact, that more capacity has been added this year than we have lost (so far).
Im well aware of all the market conditions you point out, but Im mearly saying that not just the doom and gloom should be pointed out. Yes, realities should be kept in check, but, surely by all the airlines adding the capacity they are, know what they are doing and the fact that we have 16+ new services, with 4 completely new destinations for 2011 shouldnt be overlooked.

Libya is not facing "troubles", it is embroiled in a ruinous civil war with no easy resolution in sight
Well, its not something that will last forever. Yes, 2011, and even 2012 will proably not see a return to 'normality'* for Libya, but, eventually it will.
(*when I say normality, I know Libya will never fully be a open, democratic state, but, by normality I mean where at least trade continues and once again passengers can travel to/from the country).