PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing distance
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2011, 10:47
mutt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every commercial pilot should know the answer to this question.
OK educate me, if you are operating to France, what source of data do you check.

Denti, Looking at Jeppesen page Air Traffic Control (France-1) it states ... In general, French Air Traffic rules and procedures are in conformity with ICAO Standards, Recommendations and Procedures The same is stated in the Emergency section. They then go on to list differences and specific instructions pertaining to French airspace/airports. This is extremely transparent information and its easy to check our compliance

But it's the original message that intrigues me, it was mentioned that we have to comply with JAR-OPS-1 regarding landing distance. This isn't a rule nor procedure required by ICAO and it isn't listed in the two sections of Jeppesen. So where am I supposed to find this information? What other "secret regulations" exist, because once we start going down this road, where does it stop, do we need a JAA MEL?

If things go according to plan, I will be flying to Paris at the weekend and we weight quite a bit more than 12,500 lbs.

Mutt