PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southwest FLT 812 Decompression and diversion
Old 4th Apr 2011, 14:19
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find this event a bit spooky ... I fly as pax on a particular 737-800 fleet very often and have formed the firm opinion that these things behave much as I might like ... except when I have heard k-nocking type sounds up behind the bins behind me a sort distance when I've sat in exit rows 16 or 17 over the wing.

It is only on one, two or three airframes that I have noticed it but I have noticed it 3 times in a couple of hundred flights. It was noticeable during the take off roll and maybe climb-out and in one case I think, on final approach or maybe it was on the landing roll, but not during the cruise. In fact I see I actually asked a question about it 3 years ago: What would cause a 738 to creak like a submarine at depth?

Of course I got over it then, and it might be nothing but this talk of missing rivets and engineers not discovering problems unless they go looking has as I say, spooked me a bit

Last edited by slip and turn; 4th Apr 2011 at 14:32. Reason: Link to my 3 y old thread: What would cause a 738 to creak like a submarine at depth?