PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 4th Apr 2011, 11:15
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The union is not by all means flawless. They have made many mistakes in the past. But, they have also negotiated some of the best terms and conditions in the country. Terms and conditions which you, and everyone else who crossed the picket line, are enjoying.

Miss M this argument is dragged out all the time, and is wrong on two accounts:

1. BASSA did not "negotiate" at all. It was Amicus who signed the Long Range Agreement and many of the other "lucrative" deals.

2. I left the Union almost two years ago. Since then, I have signed my own offer with BA and now enjoy the luxury of a payrise, a top-up payment and a guarantee of my existing T&Cs. So my existing T&Cs have been arranged by...me!

Many of us opted out, and are now benefiting enormously from having done so. As Ottergirl said "extraordinarily liberating" and also financially beneficial. Those, like yourself, who stayed with the Union are simply throwing good money after bad and the union have achieved absolutely nothing for the members in two years.

Would you continue paying a Solicitor to fight your case if after two years all they had done is cost you money? And staff travel? And part-time positions? And the respect of our customers? And the rest of BA?