PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 17:41
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
prism

Everyone is free to decide whether they want to belong to a union or not. Personally I would rather belong to a union and at least be eligible to vote. I have voted yes for every industrial action in the past and want to be able to vote no in the future should I change my mind. Working for BA without union representation would be a less pleasant experience.

Surrey Towers

Nobody is forcing you to listen to what I have to say, less take the time to reply to my silly replies.

I will never join BA in what they are building if it at the same puts an end to my own career. It would be suicide.

Betty Girl

You are most welcome.

Everyone had their individual reason(s) for voting against industrial action and/ or crossing the picket line as much as everyone who voted for industrial action and went on strike.

It's a great shame that it had to go as far as to an actual strike but this is where we are.

Hula

I have read the proposals put forward both by BA and BASSA. One day the integrated fleet was there, the other day it was gone.

I'm glad you agree that cabin crew can be made a caeer. Seeing as it has repeatedly on several forums that cabin crew should only be made for a few years as it's too costly for the company and it's better with a good turnover of crew as it keeps the level of motivation maintained, it's nice with a different opinion, although it appears for everyone else in the company to create themselves a career. Let's not forget that some have openly admitted what a fresh piece of air it is to fly with Mixed Fleet crew and at another discussion thread it has been discussed that Mixed Fleet is all about the company's customers. What are EF and WW fleets all about then? Surprisingly as it may sound, some of us are very devoted to our job and to read this sort of stuff is not very pleasing.