PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 15:08
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yellow Pen

Either way it should be put back in place. It would be no cost for BA.

Litebulbs

It remains to be seen but I am certain that sooner or later we will reach an agreement with BA.

Betty Girl

Something needs to be done once all of this is over. Members have left the union but I still stand by my opinion that we need union representation. A new leadership in the union might be the way forward. Unfortunately I believe the trust between management and some of us has been lost.

Beagle9

I suppose when it gets to that point it will be very handy for BA to get rid of us by claiming that there's nothing left for us. Put us in the redeployment agreement (if it's left) where we'd have to re-apply for another position and I can assure you there won't be any vacancies available. BF did previously say that it has never been used for cabin crew. Should that be some sort of reassurance for the future? We are already losing routes almost every month. Continue with this pace and 30% representation would only be a few years away. Should I retire at the age of 65 I have another 28 years left and seeing how things are progressing with this new fleet I can't see myself in the company by that time. But, then again I forgot that cabin crew can't make a career...

BA have done a very good job so far by giving the less popular routes to Mixed Fleet and trying to give us the impression that they are not after us. We have lost both DEN, NBO and MRU. How long until they are coming after SIN, HKG and NRT? Even with the top-up payment it would only be a matter of time before they are wanting to re-negotiate it as we will be operating fewer routes, hence earning less averagly.

I never said the facilities agreement have been taken away from Unite. I did however say that should have been removed by whom who withdrew from it.