PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 14:05
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulbs

The union is trying to talk with the company. The company is trying to talk with the union. At least that's the impression they are trying to give ut but nothing's happening.

Do I agree with the list of 10 items of dispute? No. I would be more than happy to satisfy with the following:

Staff travel - We were warned before taking industrial action that we would lose it permanently. Personally, as I never use it, they could keep it but many commuters who rely dependently on it have suffered greatly. However, it's a matter of principle that we never should have been punished for going on strike.

Sickness - If any crew member who was genuinely sick during the strike can provide relevant paper work they should be allowed to have their earnings docked restored. However, if any crew member reported sick instead of actually going on strike, they have themselves to blame. Had they gone on strike instead they would have been able to apply for strike pay.

Trade union facilities agreement - We should be allowed to have union representation and allow the union representatives to negotiate for us, whether it's done by BASSA or a different branch. However, the agreement never should have been removed in the first place.

Arbiratration - Everyone who has been suspended and/ or dismissed, allow them to have their disciplinary case reviewed by a third party. I don't actually believe that some have been suspended and/ or dismissed for just about anything or simply because BA thought they were going to do something. There has to be more actual facts to it. Let them have their individual hearing and take it from there. There should be no guarantees about the outcome In my opinion that's as fair as it can get.

Disregard for union agreement of the disruption agreement is not really an issue. BA and the union should be able to discuss it but the decision whether to use it shouldn't be the union's and it should certainly not be used as a weapon because we are in a dispute with the company. Allocation of part-time, use of volunteers and a separate pay settlement are issues which I don't agree with but I can't see the company backing down.

Mixed Fleet is what the talks should focus on. It's my greatest concern. We have worked to existing crewing levels for 18 months and it's not an issue any more. If we were to demand that they were to be re-instated to previous crewing levels we would see Mixed Fleet growing even quicker.