PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 10:50
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miss M - Why would any of us "be excited" about Mixed Fleet? Where did I say that?

The FACT is none of us wanted Mixed Fleet - but Mixed Fleet is here because of BASSA's inability to negotiate it. Mixed Fleet wasn't always on the table, but now it is. And that is a direct result of BASSA's inability to stop it. But you have consistently avoided answering that point.

Why don't we look at this from an entirely different point of view? You are making the following claims:

1. Disciplinaries - not justified.
2. Mixed Fleet - taking away our work.
3. VCC's - ditto.
4. BA not offering part-time in order,
5. BA not negotiating
6. ETC.

Well, what are your union doing to stop it? Have their tactics worked so far? What have you gained so far? Loss of income, loss of staff travel, loss of part-time, Mixed Fleet, VCC's, that's been your lot to date. Do you honestly think this tactic is working??

If the disciplinaries, for example, are so unfair, why aren't BASSA stating, in public, what they did? Why aren't they shouting it from the rooftops and running off to tribunals to prove BA to be the "ruthless employer" that they claim?

Why not Miss M? After all, it is the job of a union to stop "ruthless employers", to find the best possible compromise for their members, and to ensure a fair and justified process with regard to all disciplinaries. If your union aren't doing their job, why are you still paying them? Why are you still voting them in? Their tactics haven't worked and won't work. It doesn't matter which side of the fence you sit on, that is the reality of the matter.

The sooner you realise that, the better off we will all be.

I am BA cabin crew and this is my veiwpoint and not that of BA.