PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R22 Corner
Thread: R22 Corner
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2002, 17:34
3top

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi headset,

there is no speed limit to enter an auto. You enter whenever you HAVE to at ANY speed you have to. Vne power off is for the established auto. What are you going to do, when engine quits at 120 kts cruise? Slightly flair while lowering the collective - you will go horizontal quite a bit until getting to the recommended speed and establishing the correct descend.
If you enter a auto at or above 100 kts you might get into low "g", IF YOU DONīT DO THE RIGHT THING: Holding the nose up with slight aft cyclic!! .....while you lower the collective gently to avoid rpm decay or overspeed!!

Raven II has fuel injection, but not electronic. Max take off power, donīt know yet, max continous I understand is the same.

higher altidudes due to higher hp rating of the engine versus th e old one (260 - 280), so it can maintain specified 225 to a higher altidude. max gross increased by 100 lbs.

I let you know anything you want, when I got my eyes in close prox. and my hands on the controls, when our new ship shows up, sometimes in October, ! ! !!!

3top