PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 09:02
License to Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a strange shift seems to be happening ...

I have noticed over the past few weeks that the non-BASSA (& non-striking crew) are becoming more confident/vocal at work. They seem to be standing up for what their views are and there are more and more people who are saying they are not going to be intimidated anymore.

Comments like 'it has gone on too long' and 'we want to enjoy our work' seem very common. And they are the polite comments!

This is refreshing as after all, the BASSA union 'view' is officially now in the minority.

I think if everyone stands up now for what they believe and refuse to be intimidated, it will bring this sad state of union affairs to an end. It takes guts, but I think you will be surprised at how many of your colleagues will be relieved and agree with you. Many crew really do understand the situation and realise that BASSA are digging a big hole.

So, try it at work over the next week, it may be hard and you may get some comments back, but overall you will be hastening BA back to a good place to work.

After all, how much more pleasant is it to enjoy the day at work ... lets make that a normal experience soon