PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1953 BOAC Canadair C-4 Argonaut incident
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2011, 23:10
MX Trainer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AvgasDinosaur

I think I was thinking about this story - rather than Fate Is The Hunter

China airlift -- the Hump: China's ... - Google Books

I have a bit of time on the DC4 - worked for a company in Manitoba Canada one summer - spent most of my time changing props between it and the company DC 3 as we had no spare prop and one was out for overhaul.

Got really good at changing props that summer as we would change the prop to the 4 for the morning trip - when it got back - the 3 would be loaded - so change the prop to the 3 - then back to the 4 - etc.....

I only did a couple of flights in the old girl - don't remember any drama of any kind - but crews were ex forces guys with what I thought were billions of hours!!! LOL The 1970's were a blast for a young guy in this industry!!

I think it is very sad to realize that information so critical to the operation of the aircraft was not delivered to the crews. Not the last time something like this has happened - The F28 crash in Dryden Ontario was repeated pretty much exactly a year later with the same results - crews on the aircraft not having info from the effects of icing on the aircraft type.

Regards,

Truc