PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian HEL-base , Estonian-contract
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2011, 21:37
AnotherHardLanding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just some simple facts...

Dovregubben has a few interesting comments:

"I SAS f.eks. er lønnen fryst i flere år og roster er kanniballisert til det ugjenkjennelige med helvariabel utnyttelse av pilotkorpset.Tipper at mange takker NF og SPF dypt for det."

Well. Since SAS almost went bankrupt a few months ago, partly due to the very tough competition from our respected colleagues in Norwegian, I will have to say that you don't really get the big picture here. Actually I am quite satisfied that my roster has been "cannibalized" (what ever that means...) and my salary frozen for many years (well, actually we have reduced our salaries quite considerably, not just frozen them). Due to the simple fact that without these mentioned measures, and a lot more, from the pilot unions of SAS there would have been no more SAS. And I wouldn't have had a job.
I would really have hated to be in that situation...

So I call that "responsible behaviour".

Add the (for you maybe slightly irritating) fact that the pilot salaries of SAS are still way above those of Norwegian, and I think 99,9% of the pilots of SAS include a few "bless NSF/SPF/DPF" in their evening prayers.

From what I can see, the pilots of Norwegian are doing a hell of a fine job under demanding conditions and a lot of pressure. I can see absolutely no reason why your salary should be lower than mine. I think you should tell that to the Billionaire who is running your company. There is room for at least two great carriers in Scandinavia without us pilots racing against each other in an endless spiral towards the bottom.