PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 2nd Apr 2011, 19:10
Yellow Pen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MissM
I
Unhappy I, and other strikers, may be but surely that is an indication that there's something wrong at work and that we are not pleased with what's happening.
Yes. What is 'wrong' is that you are being managed, by BA, and the union are not being allowed to dictate the running of the operation. I'm not surprised you are not pleased with it but that is the reality of the future.

The company won't be able to move forward fully until they have solved the dispute with us.
I recall Mr Walsh saying that if it comes to a war of attrition, BA will win. They are winning.

BA are saying that they are willing to talk at any time. Unite is saying the same yet nothing is progressing.
There has been progress. A deal was made by Unite. It was rejected by the branches. The branches, and their unrealistic demands and inter-branch squabble, are the barrier to progress.

We want a fair deal and protection against Mixed Fleet. Why is that difficult to understand?
You've been offered protection against Mixed Fleet in several forms. What you will not, and will never get, is a veto over the deployment of Mixed Fleet. Your deals have been more than fair and protected your income.

BA have trained thousands of VCC's and their only purpose is to destroy our strike.
You have threatened to destroy BA. It's a justified response.

Another example is BA have also completely ignored a long-standing agreement with regards to part-time contract. Crew have been offered part-time over others who are on the part-time list. Many have been waiting years and are stll waiting. Is that respectful?
Why shouldn't BA reward those who wrok with the company rather than against it? You want to have your cake and eat it: industrial action with no negative consequences. It doesn't work like that.