PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 2nd Apr 2011, 10:17
hula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miss M

BA management are not treating us with respect.
Sorry Miss M but you have to earn respect and respect earns respect.

Deflamatory remarks and pictures about WW, shouting abuse at VCC, crew who wished to work and temps and ex-communicating them onboard, references to BA management being like the Nazis etc etc to name a few. These are all totally disrespectful, yet continue to happen. How are BA disrespecting you.......?

Let the rest of the strike breaking crew and VCC work. There are thousands of us who are not happy with what BA are doing to us. It's a shame that the strike breaking crew are not seeing that BA are wanting to get rid of us.
What are BA doing to you that makes you unhappy?

Is it because they have finally won back their right to manage? Is it because they are focusing on turning the airline into a strong competitor who can deliver to investors and share holders? ( Have you seen what the competition are doing?)
I really don't understand what your fight is and I don't think alot of crew know themselves anymore. Speaking to my friends who went on strike they now feel they just have to do it as they have nothing to loose.

BA are not perfect and I don't agree on some of the things they have done and the way they have done it...what I do believe is that BA are a good employer compared to many. My renumeration is good, I have a good work/life balance, I am put in good hotels when overseas, away from airports and close to shops, restaurants etc.

Do BA want to get rid of us? Eventually, yes. They have Mixed Fleet now, already saving them money. It will take a considerable amount of time to replace us. And by then Mixed Fleet might look completely different to the model it is now. It might even be attractive Miss M The fact is none of us know what the future holds. None of us have a crystal ball and the airline will look very different in the future. As has been said before none of us can live our lives on 'what ifs'? Why worry about things that haven't and might not happen? Deal with issues when they happen by negotiating responsibly and professionally. Thats the only way forward now as BASSA have blown the Unions strongest weapon, for good!

BA now have and will always have an army of VCC, so future strikes will now be fruitless.

Miss M you sound incredibly unhappy. Is this how you want to carry on in your career at BA? The only people I see unhappy now at work are people who went on strike. Everyone else is moving on.

If you believe there is no future in BA why are you still here?