PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Greed at the Top of Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2011, 21:55
a330pilotcanada

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Good Afternoon L.I.S.

Just so you know I did not retire with 35 years as I joined late due to "myopia" which in a funny way validates your comment. Ah ten years in so why are you not getting involved here? Afraid of making you views known in a public venue?

A union whether being C.A.L.P.A., A.C.P.A., or A.L.P.A. is as only good as its membership so get off your butt and contribute. If people are not receptive to your views educate them from the inside not by having it forced on by an outside agency. ]Still waiting for your points on the 2% penalty, capping point on pension at 35 years, contributions for those going past 35 years of service, disbursement level cap, legal teams from the company and union going over the legal implications of the contract, I know of an abundance of military types who took advantage of the buyback rule so it is ok to defer to "Clunk Drivers" knowledge not to challenge him as he lived it you did not.

I would be remiss in saying that I have done some volunteer work for both unions very small stuff compared to WAWCON, Negotiating etc I found it took a lot of time, very tiring but rewarding try it you might have a different perspective.