PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Greed at the Top of Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2011, 17:40
Lost in Saigon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by a330pilotcanada
Good Afternoon L.I.S.

So maximum pension plan contribution is capped at 35 years as per the agreed contract provisions so do you propose one contributes over thirty five years at current contribution levels until they retire but disbursement is based on 35 years?

In addition, the 2% penalty is a "contractually" agreed item to make sure people go full term to collect their pension without penalties. Alternatively, shall the C.H.R.T. review this as "age" (wanting to go early) discrimination under the Charter?

From your post it is apparent from your answer you did not display the moral fibre to challenge this as you sat on the sidelines through your career.

You did have a choice Sir.
You make a lot of assumptions about me. I am just starting my career at Air Canada.(about 10 years in) Unlike you, I did not have the opportunity to start at a young age. Most of the pilots hired in the last 10-20 years are in the same position. We will never have 35 years of service and will continue to pay into the pension until the day we retire.

But I don't blame you for your myopic views. ACPA has been doing a good job of keeping the truth from the membership.