PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Greed at the Top of Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2011, 15:11
Lost in Saigon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by billy one sock
Seniority is an antiquated system in my view. It restricts free trade, thus lowers terms and conditions in the long run. It's a good system for management because they know they have very experienced Pilots by the short and currlies. If Pilots want to move on, because they dislike something about the company, they can't because they are trapped. They know they will have to start a new job at the very bottom, on a pittance of a salary. How fair is that? Experience should not be rewarded this way. This would happen in no other industry. Could you imagine a high earning broker from the city moving on and having to start his new job as a tea boy? It just wouldn't happen. I think promotion should be based on merit, but leave and base transfers on date of joining.

And as for that big shot Michael Ennis. What an egotistical cry baby
What is the retirement age at your company? Air Canada seems to one of the few airlines still retiring their pilots at age 60. Would you mind if Michael Ennis retires from Air Canada and gets hired at your company as a direct entry Captain? I am quite sure his experience level is higher than yours and therefore based on merit alone, you won't mind waiting a little longer for a Command position.