PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 31st Mar 2011, 01:08
student88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boys, look, this argument isn't achieving anything. At the end of the day there are always going to be two options. No one is saying either way is right or wrong. You buy a Audi or Ford - they'll both get you from London to Leeds. Some people like Ford, some like Audi. You're always going to have a demand for the more expensive and apparently exclusive integrated schemes - that's just the way people are and vice versa.

That said..

As it stands all those who have spent out £80K+ on a integrated course are getting is a jet job with crap terms and conditions, crap pay and crap contracts. Yeah, at least they're getting experience on type but most are heavily in debt and will be paying the money back for years to come.

Modular guys, keep up the hard work - as much as some people like to tell you your hard work is worth nothing because you're not as desirable as integrated students, they're wrong. There will always be competition between the divides. Most of the pilots I speak to at work who have come through Oxford/CTC all say the same thing - "I regret it". Many have said how if they had to do it all again they'd go modular. CTC have a nickname given to them by their students which is Criminal Thieving - surely that says it all?

If people want to go integrated then let them do so. Sooner or later the demand for pilots is going to become so great that even the large flight schools won't be able to quench the industries thirst.

Your time will come, and when it does you'll have less debt then those who took the other path - and probably a better job/contract because they've all taken the crap offers from easyJet/Ryanair. When the airlines get desperate again they'll have to offer better pay and who knows maybe a free type rating!

Believe me, your efforts will be rewarded sooner or later.