PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 30th Mar 2011, 23:23
Jugs08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes you do make a very good point Beazelbub. Everyone would choose integrated but it's not viable for some people. Personally; I was modular until I got a cadetship so im now starting integrated training. Would I have otherwise no. Do I think with working a full week flying at weekends and studying for exams will be done as good as if I was flying the whole time no. For those that are thinking of doing the modular and work. I would recommend you to try it first. A 1 hr flight will take 3 hours out of your day home to home time. Longer flights may take your whole day. Can you work a full day then study for 3-4 hours in the evening for ATPL exams and get enough time off from your employer for the revision courses usually 2 weeks before the exams. Your looking at around 30 days of holiday all used on Flying.

Friday night you come home and sleep ready for flying your not out on the piss even though you've had a hard week.

I'm not saying that it's going to be easy but these are the questions that you have to ask yourself and I have found personally that when I start adding up the costs of Modular e.g. extra time required as the weather has been **** for the past 6 weekends. Regulatory fee's ect. Then it falls around the 55k mark.

Yes is it cheaper than integrated no doubt but the question you have to ask yourself is; can you justify spending the extra money in order to complete the course quicker and "hopefully" to a better standard because your fully immersed.

I've been waiting for the last 3 years now so this is my chance; there will never be another opportunity in my life to make this happen and have wanted to do this since like 8. I think the problem is people leaving schools and choosing ah i'll be a pilot lots of money and good career; without the resolve to make it thorugh the tough initial period.