PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R22 Corner
Thread: R22 Corner
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2002, 03:51
3top

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi crab,

IīD LOVE THE ROLL OVER AND PULL, but my R-44 doesnīt want, would you borrow me your LYNX???

You are right about RoD, this also holds true for increased Rrpm during auto. Some people (and instructors) teach a higher Rrpm to "have more inertia" when itīs time to flare. However you will need the additional inertia to slow your way increased RoD......
I teach them to stay at about 100% Rrpm, but practise, practise,practise and when your done, practise some more.
You shouldnīt feel good in the evening, if you had a chance to practise an auto or two and didnīt take it!!

However sometimes you just want to go down fast, without the need of an auto termination, as I metioned:

thousands/cloud, plenty of clouds: Turkey Vultures and/or Swanson Hawks migrating on their way to S-America or back to the U.S. of A.

One shouldnīt, but sometimes just gets caught. As long as I have a clear view down I prefer a quick decent to about 50-100 above the beach, than try to hover around OGE with thousands of ornithopters!!

The closest I ever saw a Lynx was on a tunaboat in the caribian, and a Royal Dutch navy helo payed a visit, hovering along sideways at bridge hight (about 20 ft) at about 12 kts. Besides the awkward looking wheels it is a nice ship!!

3top