PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2011, 19:34
wings folded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tabu,

I endorse entirely your attitude.

Air travel has become hard work, but every now and then one encounters people who, shall we say, have a pride in their work, and give a service which they feel they should give. Bravo to them, and from what you say, bravo to you too.

Ryanair does not promise what some other airlines do, but based upon my experience related above, I can find no fault in their treatment of our snag which was not even the airline's fault.

I know exactly what you mean about "treatment as scum" - I was pretty annoyed about some bint picking up the wrong bag at the carousel, but how could that possibly be blamed against the helpful ladies at the Ryanair baggage counter?

So I was courteous and they were excellent in their service.

Just one negative remark: the triumphant fanfare about the on time arrival grates a little bit when we hit the asphalt on RWY 22 before schedule, and then endured the taxying which that involves, to arrive at a gate which still had an aircraft parked there, guaranteeing quite a long wait, while fellow PAXs, thinking we are there, bash you on the head with their really quite heavy cabin luggage, in total defiance of the seatbelt sign and your quite slick and accurate announcements to the contrary.

I have done a few miles in aircraft, in fact 27 times the circumference of the globe in the aggregate, as a PAX, and I have a few hours logged as PIC or P2, so I know a little of what I speak.

Thanks for your service, and do not let FR bashers wear you down.