PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 30th Mar 2011, 11:24
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Liesence to Fly,

Thank you for clarifying that.

I see what you are saying but I would just like to clarify something for you.

Yes the agreement does give an average payment per each cabin crew grade of the variable parts of our agreement and this is due to be paid at the end of each year, in fact January but covering the period November-October of each year.

This does not include our meal payments which on WW even out across the routes and their variables add up to a much higher proportion of their pay. However on E/F our variables are a much smaller figure and our top up payments are therefore much smaller. Our pay would be affected greatly by not flying on certain routes and if we were to get less work the top up would not compensate us as well as our WW colleagues.

However having said all that, I personally can't see why BA would want us not to work and so in my opinion as long as the routes are fairly distributed on E/F and WW for that matter, I see no reason for us to need the top up. What I am trying to explain is that although the top up is a welcome part of the agreement, on E/F, if it were triggered, we would still probably be out of pocket to some extent.

BF has said that he understands this and that is why he has constantly promised that he will do it fairly. Bassa just don't trust BA and feel in the future when BF has long gone someone else will come in and take all these promises away and that is what really is the reason that a lot of crew are still frightened whether they be strikers or non strikers.

Even I who am choosing to trust BA on this am worried!!! So there lies the problem in the minds of the cabin crew.

Bassa are on another agenda as well as this and a lot of it is to do with sacked and suspended colleges and Walsh making it part of the agreement, that the union were required to sign, that it was conditional that these cases cannot be taken through the courts and I have to say I have some sympathy with that.

I do feel that the way this has been handled has been bad on both sides and I am really hoping that KW will re-look at some of the stumbling blocks ie. what I have just mentioned above and staff travel which I think is less of an issue now but just adds to the injustice some of them seem to feel.

Before you all start shouting me down please remember that I don't agree with what BASSA has done and wished they had negotiated in good faith at the start and I actually believe that by calling the first strike so early, they have made everything a lot worse for all crew including our Mixed Fleet colleagues, who are suffering because they have such a very basic agreement. I worked because I did not agree with the strike but that does not mean that I totally feel BA is whiter than white in all this either.
In fact I would go as far as say that most crew were not that unhappy with the agreement but it was just a few bits in it that the union felt tied their hands regarding disaplinaries which made them not want to agree to it and as a lot of reps are the suspended ones this is not surprising!! Surely Walsh could see that too!

BG

These are my own views and not those of BA

Last edited by Betty girl; 30th Mar 2011 at 11:56.