PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 30th Mar 2011, 10:21
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Liesence to Fly,

I don't find your post helpful. It is comments like yours suggesting that Mixed Fleet will be doing ALL the lucrative routes that FEEDS this dispute.

By making these comments, you are actually confirming all the scaremongering Bassa have been doing and helping them make crew believe these things. BA have always said that routes will be shared evenly and will move back and forth between the fleets.

I can see that you are annoyed by Bassa and so am I and many others but by having these blanket views about ALL WW and E/F crews, who after all are just wanting to preserve their current salaries, as would all you pilots want to do, is not helpful. There are ONLY 5811 core BASSA supporters wanting a strike ( and to be honest most of them don't actually want it to come to that again!) and so it is not fair to tar all 14000 of us in this way and wish a pay cut on us any more than I would want to encourage BA to employ pilots on lower wages without assuring you that YOUR future earnings would be safe.

I take the view that BA will be true to their word and that Mixed Fleet will grow as we shrink and that the routes will be distributed fairly and as such I have not wanted to strike but the core Bassa supporters take another view and are fearful for the future.

In my own meagre opinion it would be more helpful, in the ending of this dispute, if people like you spread around the views that I have rather than actually trying to scare crew further by telling them they are going to loose all their good routes to Mixed Fleet. I am sure that all our fleets will have a mix of all kinds of routes and in fact being able to compare the service between the two sets of crew will actually create in-house competition and help drive service UP at the same time!!