PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which twin rating is the most beneficial???
Old 15th Sep 2002, 22:44
Mainframe

Check Attitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chinese Chicken
Sorry my memory has faded a bit regarding Wyndham, Ord Air Charter used to operate a BN2, but in the dynamic industry we're in, no longer exists.

The incumbent, Wyndham Aviation operates a BE58. It was not my intent to offer a complete and up to date list, rather I just rattled off the types and operators from memory.

I did however suggest that the aspirant conduct his/her own research and for those not sure how to do that, here is a link to CASA for info on AOC holders.

Once you've found the operator you can then view the actual AOC, it will list the types the company may operate. Try this Air Operator Certificate Holders

Remember, 6 months is a long time in aviation, think back, those of you have been around a while, how many operators that were around 3 years ago are still operating ?

So there will be mistakes when one uses one's memeory rather than up to date info. My original suggestion, PN68 BE58 C310, is still valid, there are exceptions, you might get your first M/E charter job in a PA34 but
(1) highly unlikely
(2) hardly any serious operator uses them

Your prospects with one of the three suggested is more likely given the sheer numbers of them out there working. I did not suggest PA31 for an initial because you will most likely need a bit of experience before you take on this workload.

Don't forget how the regs affect you.
If you have less than 100 hrs M/E you need 5 hrs command (includes ICUS) on type to conduct VFR charter, and 10 hours on type regardless of total M/E time to conduct IFR charter. So you need to factor in getting to 5 hours on type, ouch if that's out of your pocket on C310 or BE58.