PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian First Class Medicals for Expats
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2011, 12:23
itsbrokenagain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, I have now done my Indian Fata medical and I have to say , there is no big deal and problem with it at all. I went in thinking it was going to be an astronaut medical, but its far from it and wasnt over the top or ridiculous at all. It was surprisingly easy!

It did take all day, and I mean all day from 7am to 4.30pm, a lot of waiting for the next examination, but there are nice waiting rooms (take reading material, newspapers etc is my suggestion, there are a lot of coffee table magazines around though).

The Officers are super nice , friendly and helpful. You respect them they respect you, dress respectfully also, I suggest in your work pants, a button up shirt and leather lace up shoes.

I have had JAA, FAA, CASA and Sth African CAA medicals, and I think the JAA and Sth African medicals are harder than this one. It was also nice of them to suggest ways to lower your cholesterol and help you with any problems which we all get in our Captain era years!

I did see a totally disgraceful display from a JAA license holder today, and I distanced myself from his shocking behavior as far as I could, he really was giving us expats a bad name. Thankfully he left and wont be in India much longer.

So go on do it , its no big deal, its a long day(your getting paid to sit and do nothing all day so who cares!), and like they told me they are not there to fail us they are there to help us get medically fit, the IAF Officers understand the need for expats .

I did do mine in Bangalore, I do know a fact that Bangalore is much more realistic and practical than Delhi, but saying that people are getting through in Delhi also.