PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 29th Mar 2011, 10:24
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However I am just speechless as a BASSAmentalist has just been on and called it the 'BA Kristal nacht'. These idiots have either no shame or no idea of 20th century history.
I'm afraid we have good old DH to thank for that kind of stuff. I've had crew quote to me that BA are like the Nazi's in the way they treated the Jews in the war itself Then I've have Apartheid thrown at me - I can tell you that the 30year old who said that one got both barrels from me. I visited S.Africa in the dark days of Apartheid many times, and I will NEVER forget it. Yes its Duncan's war stories being copied by the brothers. No better than the 'Yellow' flowers being brought to a meeting to be later laid at the Manchester crash memorial. Sick b******s.

Ottergirl

I'm not sure that I agree that there are 5811 genuinely unhappy crew; I think there are about 50 unhappy crew
Only 50!!! I know 50 off the top of my head. These people have been unhappy for ever. Nothing to do with this dispute. Sadly all of this has just made their misery worse!

The whole situation is looking increasingly pathetic and it's time they were allowed to strike, eat burgers at Bedfont and stay there until they realise how unbothered everyone else is. Think of Bedfont as a 'naughty step'!
Ha ha very funny. Totally agree though

Hula and Bigby

I have done the same too for months. Same questions. I now cannot be bothered either. What I won't allow though, is for one of them to take over and try to influence the rest of the crew with Bassa rubbish. I suppose I've gone from being proactive to just reactive now when dealing with the dispute

The big problem here lies fairly and squarely in the hands of the 4500ish crew who are STILL members of Bassa. They vote either no or the majority don't even bother. I thought the last ballot when there were 3000 non voters, were mainly made up of crew who had left the union but still got a ballot paper. ( I know of 4 crew myself). None of them this time got a ballot paper. So it seems there are still 1000's out there in this situation. I worked with a lovely crew member at the weekend who was one of these crew. Been flying 20 odd years, did not strike, won't strike in the future, but STILL is a Bassa member. After a nice 10 min chat, they realised their money was not just being wasted, but more importantly being used to fuel the fire. They will hopefully have now resigned But this is the dilemma. These seemingly intelligent people are literally burying their heads in the sand, and don't realise the damage they are doing. It's innocent on the one hand but deadly in its execution. I JUST DON'T GET IT. AT WHAT POINT DO YOU RESIGN CONSIDERING ALL OF THE STUFF THAT HAPPENED AS WELL AS DH'S MESSAGE ABOUT FIFO.

I really wish someone could explain this to me, because sadly IMO, if only these crew resigned, Bassa would be derecognised and we could all move on.

Last edited by JUAN TRIPP; 29th Mar 2011 at 10:48.