PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 29th Mar 2011, 09:15
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure that I agree that there are 5811 genuinely unhappy crew; I think there are about 50 unhappy crew (who embrace misery as a default option whatever the industrial situation; we all know the sort, you will hear them on the bus moaning about everything) and the rest who either
a) have been hoodwinked by some quite clever rhetoric into believing all that tripe that hula mentioned or
b) don't really believe it but think that it's important to show solidarity with your fellow crew either through fear or a need to be liked.

I would also bet that out of the 5811, most are really sick of the whole thing and just wish it would go away. The YES voters who will show up for work probably fall into category b) as they care but not enough to lose pay over it.

The whole situation is looking increasingly pathetic and it's time they were allowed to strike, eat burgers at Bedfont and stay there until they realise how unbothered everyone else is. Think of Bedfont as a 'naughty step'!