PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 29th Mar 2011, 07:14
hula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Moo,

I agree with you that the near 6000 yes votes does give the clear message that these BA crew are unhappy.

But why are they unhappy? Why are they continually voting to strike? What do they want? As a CSD I have spoken to numerous crew over the last few months and to try and find out. I have listened and questioned their personal reasons for striking and I have found it quite disturbing and surprising what I have heard. So much so I have given up on trying to explain the FACTs as quite simply I am bored of talking about it.

The reasons I have heard range from....

1. they want to change my contract? Really?...show me where....
2. signing the new deal means we are signing away the redeployment agreement. Again...show me where it says this?
3. I live in MAN, GLA, EDI, BCN etc and will be never spoken to again....Christ, get a backbone!
4. Do you want to work for £2.40 an hour? And where does it say this?
5. If I sign the new deal I will be put on Mixed Fleet.
6. I want guarantees for the future....dream on, don't we all!
7. Staff travel returned...BA were honest to you about this and BASSA lied to you about getting it back

I can honestly say I don't know what will make these people happy again. A new job perhaps?