PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ryanair Trapani base closure
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2011, 22:13
d105

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captplaystation: I hope you feel better again now you had another chance to gloat at your colleagues misery. Because that's exactly what we are. Colleagues. And while you have a point in stating these conditions are atrocious, your high and mighty all knowing attitude in this perpetual discussion borders on insulting and is tiresome to those at the receiving end.

We are very well aware in what kind of ****ty situation we find ourselves. We also know it is at least partially of our own making and I can guarantee you none of us are in the least bit proud that we fly for this company.

But when will you realize that we are exactly like you? We too have families to feed and parents to care for. You will find that only a handful of pilots are happy at Ryanair. But until we find a way out of this hellhole most of us ended up in as a last ditch resort, we try to fend for ourselves as best as we can. Not because we're too stupid to see what is going on. Not because we're too naive to see what is being done to us. But simply because it's either this or no employment at all.

We should stand together. Agreed. But perhaps other pilots should stop referring to us as the "Ryanair pilots" and realize they are exactly like us only they find themselves in a more favorable situation. So as long as we don't unite across all airlines in Europe, so long as we don't stand together as in common body of colleagues, managements across the world will find a way to drive a wedge between us.

The blaming game is played a lot on this forum. But I feel all of us still fall in the same trap even though we think we don't. As long as we keep blaming each other, management wins.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of flack for this post. But I suppose that on its' own proves my point perfectly.