PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tipsy and Wurz - Top Table Tales?
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2011, 17:37
SirPeterHardingsLovechild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement, I'll keep telling stories as long as you want. My supply is endless, I seem to attract it.

And so does Wurzel, with ideas like this:-

Wurzel - Cosford - late 90's? - Stealing a TSR2

Once when Wurzel was an instructor at Cosford, he was on the Station Working Party for the Open Day. With Cosford choc-a-bloc with spotters, it was routine for all the workers to bring in camp beds and crates of beer and have an after show party, rather than spend all evening trying to get out of the car park.

So far, so good. Not for long though. Cosford’s TSR2 had been dragged out between the two hangars for the air show, near where the working party were having their well deserved crates of beer.

‘Wouldn’t it be funny, if we nicked the TSR2’ decided Wurzel. What could possibly go wrong. So picture the scene. No one on brakes, it hasn’t got any. Wurzel, manfully holding the towing arm, as if half a dozen drunk techies are going to push a 20 ton aircraft.

‘Chocks away’ yells Wurzel (the Instructor). Unfortunately, the TSR2 has plans of it’s own. As soon as the last chock is removed, it senses the freedom previously denied.

And the downhill slope is the opposite direction from Wurzel’s planned route. Well, luckily, one of Wurzel’s fellow jokers managed to get a chock back in before it had gathered too much speed and gone too close to a girt big ditch.

One chock thrown in front of the mainwheel of a moving aircraft. Bit of a sideload on the nosewheel there. And Wurz still hanging on the towbar for dear life. He flies up & across the nose, and headbutts the pitot probe, bending it. So drunken Wurzel tries to straighten the pitot probe and it snaps off.

Just the right time for someone from the Museum to drive around the corner and see the TSR2 50 yds across the pan, and a drunk Wurz stood there with the pitot probe in his hands. Get out of that one, Wurz.