PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL student, questions for other instructors
Old 26th Mar 2011, 21:28
Shortypops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well this past week specifically made me want to bring this issue up. I signed up for 4 lessons, and each lesson I begged him to schedule a stage check for me. Every lesson he assured me we would do the check by this week. Its now the weekend and still no word on a stage check. The excuses he made were "you need more book knowledge" or "we still need to practice more touch n go's". I am nearing almost 23 hours with zero solo hours and its just plain depressing how much of a crook my FI is.

My radio calls are perfect according to my FI, he noted that I was one of the very few to pick up quickly in that area. My landings are far from perfect, but my instructor doesn't take over controls and help me flare. He'll usually verbally say flare more or hold as a guideline. But there hasn't been a landing where I put us in a dangerous situation where the FI needed to take full controls to avoid a crash or damage to the plane. He even told me last week, I am nailing my landings.

Not really sure if I can change instructors, we have three full times and all three are close friends from what I've seen. I figure I'd be in the same situation if I switched FIs.

As for switching schools, how would I go about resuming from the point I left off? Would I have to ask my current school to hand over my file if I decide to leave?