PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paradigm shift - an impossibility in commercial aviation?
Old 25th Mar 2011, 21:08
SNS3Guppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, no Guppy, those "solutions" don't solve any of the problems - they just emphasise the attitude I come up against time and time again. Charter - good plan, only when I asked about a charter I was told "that's not a charter operation, that's a scheduled service" (21 sectors/day)
That's not what you said before, you see. You're looking for scheduled service, and you're upset because it's not available where you want it.

This has nothing to do with a paradigm shift in safety. It's about you not getting what you want.

If you want service there, you have the ability to start your own airline serving only that small market, if you think you can get it to pay. Are you prepared to do that? No? Then why are you complaining?
In Cincinnati, Ohio, there is a Biz-jet/corporate jet airport along the Ohio River called Lunken Field. Recently an airline started jet service to both Chicago (Midway Field) and Morristown, New Jersey, 20 minutes west of NYC. What makes it interesting is that all the security hassle is gone.
That's not an airline. Did you visit the link you provided? It's a charter service, exactly as described before. Charter a flight. Problem solved.

in aviation new ideas and new techniques and methods are dangerous!!!!...
That's really the point here; there's no new idea involved, no "paradigm shift." What we have is someone who is disgruntled because he isn't getting service where he wants it. The "paradigm shift" comes when someone gives him service. That's all.

In the USA this type of service comes about by the government sponsoring "Essential Air Service," allowing service to smaller communities. Where such subsidy isn't available (Ireland, for example), then one gets what the market bears. If the original poster wants service, get more people bring in more revenue, make it worth adding a line or route for a given airline. Or charter. It's that simple. Nothing new to see here, at all.