PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2011, 19:35
righthandrule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Jet2 never ever swap tails down route in AGP or TFS and bring them back to LBA to fix at the weekends

Ask the Station Manager at LBA and he will tell you how many tail swaps and delays he has to take on the chin and how it hits his OTP bonus .
Yes, of course that happens, but this happens at EVERY airline! If an aircraft is due planned maintenance then it will of course be swapped around at some point to make its way to LBA - afterall LBA is Jet2's main engineering base! This is very different to "dumping the tech aircraft at LBA" Please do explain why this has an impact on OTP? You mention TFS and AGP, well yes they are typically the places where aircraft are swapped when required - for future reference, this does not impact on OTP as aircraft are swapped here because the says and times of operation are the same time, i.e. LBA-TFS and MAN-TFS arrive at the same time on the days when aircraft are swapped. But again this only happens on a very very occasional basis, if I can count on one hand how many times this happened last summer.

And to your last point, I really don't need to ask the Station Manager

As for ATC delays...why then are RYR and EZY Ops better at dealing with these than Jet2 Ops
No, but lets put it this way - if you fly into Luton over Heathrow you would expect far less ATC slot delays, the same applies to TSF over VCE, NRN over DUS, GRO over BCN, MPL over TLS .... you get the idea?

Bonus !!!!!!

It seems everyone is on a bonus in Jet2 but the pilots

even the cabin crew get a bonus for not going sick
Trust me, a first officers wage is more than double the station manager, ground operations is very poorly paid and as an incentive, part of the bonus does include OTP related to the ground operations department. Similarly to the crew, who are paid peanuts to flight deck, there needs to be some incentive or else the job does not get done. Or putting it the other way, if the job is not done as well as PM wants, then he can take money off you. You wouldn't be best pleased if you took an extra half tonne of fuel to ACE, and had £200 taken out of your pocket. It works both ways... so it may say "bonus" to you, but trust me, it reality its not!