PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oi mods ! READ THIS
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2011, 10:30
Postman Plod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mil Aircrew has always been very hands off when it comes to moderating, and the expectation was that we'd be able to self moderate, however that clearly wasn't possible, and it get to the point where perhaps going too far was the norm.

New management took over, and it appears that now Mil Aircrew is becoming more actively modded. Personally, I've not got a problem with that - it needs it! However, I think it would perhaps have been a good idea to advise us that this was going to be the case (and in fact if it is the case, its still worth letting us know!), and perhaps it would have been worth recruiting a Mil Aircrew regular or 2 as Mil Aircrew specific mods.

The other point I'd have is that if you are modding Mil Aircrew, then perhaps you need to do it more actively by stepping in an guiding threads and trimming posts rather than snip entire threads. There are always posts asking where such and such thread went - perhaps this would be reduced if we get some warning that a thread is going off course... I know it happens on some occasions, but a little consistency, guidance and prodding for the membership would be helpful. I know each mod has their own personal attitude and philosophy to modding, so one mod will snip whilst another will ignore and another warn. So is it possible to allocate mods to certain forums so we know who to go to?

What I'm saying really is, if you're now going to mod Mil Aircrew rather than let us self mod, then commit to it and let us know.