PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 17:25
wanna_be_there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live in London but travel a lot. Air New Zealand has spent decades building up a loyal following on LHR-LAX and to many are the number one carrier so I am aware of that.
Well, if you are aware, why did you then compare a possible MAN-LAX service to AF, where very few people knew AF flew LHR-LAX, whereas many do know about NZ's connection points?

btw I work in the industry as an analyst so I'm not exactly coming to this with just the opinions in my head, I see a lot of relevant data crossing my desk
Im aware of your job, you tell us enough, but, believe it or not, your not the only one to work in the airline industry. My points are just as valid as yours, so get off your high horse!

You have no basis for saying this.
I do have a basis for saying this. Please dont undermine my opinions with you superiority complex, as again mine are just as valid as yours. The basis is, if NZ do indeed start AKL-LAX-MAN, then the traffic patterns I suggested are what NZ will go after. Out of interest, What basis do you have to say otherwise? You seem to be focusing on the LAX side of things, despite the fact the flight goes that little bit further

how do expect this to compete with a saturated Middle East service to NZ against Emirates on the A380, QR and EY
So thats it is it? Just because skipness says so, no other airline is allowed to come and compete?
So MAN is just now supposed to turn around to the prospective airlines and say 'sorry, the middle eastern carriers are here, we just dont want you anymore?'

You seem to think the price is the deciding factor, but it isnt the be all and end all.
take a look at this:

KLM MAN-AMS-PVG, J class on 21st April £1253
EK MAN-DXB-PVG, J class 21st April £2075 (with A380 included)

Guess what, EK themselves have said the A380 is going out pretty much full every day! Funny that isnt it. And thats just one example.
Take it the figures were missed whilst being analysed that time

So, it seems the tables are turning, and despite the fuel prices, resesssion and everything else, people do want to fly from their local, as direct as possible.