PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 16:05
All names taken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have noted the comments on Vienna / Bratislava here; it's a part of the world I know very well and have a lot of business contacts there. Most people fail to understand just how close these two cities are even though they are in two different countries.....probably not much further than Manchester and Liverpool are. Therefore the catchments overlap substantially.
Was great when SkyEurope ran there but Ryanair jumped on the route from LPL and the best hope is that they switch it to MAN.
What I would really like to see is OS to Vienna not just for the point to point traffic but mainly because they do a good line in connections East and South East which IMO aren't adequately served from here....MUC and ZRH serve ok but VIE often offers better. Some of the wackier places I go to are 3 flights from MAN and I know would only be two if VIE was on offer.
But therein lies the rub - if it's to be any good it would have to operate at a decent frequency and schedule. Is the business there to justify it? Dunno.