PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 12:31
wanna_be_there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Name three "out of the box" routes ex MAN that you would consider a winner from 2000 on
Skipness, Challenge accepted.

For me personally, I say Belavia Minsk-MAN. May only be seasonal and low frequency, but returns year after year so must be doing ok.

Jet2 to BUD and TLV. Both considered niche routes, and both Malev/EL AL said they were unprofitable.
Even though jet2 has an obviously lower cost base, they have made a good go of them.

Out of the box like AF on LHR-LAX sort of thing
Also on the subject of this, RE a post you made on A.net.

Hypocracy doesnt even begin to describe your comparasin on MAN-LAX with NZ with LAX-LHR on AF.

Your favourite phrase on here is 'comparing apples and pears', and isnt that exactly what you have just done on a.net.

You say people wont know NZ goes to LAX, just like they didnt know AF did LHR-LAX. I dont know about where you are, but more people than you'd think are aware NZ goes LHR-LAX-AKL, whereas, not many people would think a French carrier ran a UK-USA route.

To compare a possible failiure of NZ MAN-LAX-AKL (despite the fact its not even confirmed yet) is just pointless, as NZ are probably more concerned with MAN-AKL pax, with MAN-LAX-MAN a mere bonus. On top of that, there would be cargo, and the AKL-LAX-AKL traffic to help the route along.

AF relied soley on LHR-LAX-LHR traffic, with little connection possibilites at either end, so, to use your words, 'You are comparing apples and pears'