PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 10:07
easyflyer83

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thinking out of the box is all well and good and some of the routes you mentioned are great ideas.....IMO. What sometimes, let's say niggles me, is how some believe that easyjet should be left with the secondary destinations or be responsible for filling MAN's gaps. Why shouldn't they compete on MUC or CPH? I don't want to lose LH or SK and there is no indication of that happening, easyjet has grown the Market. What is more hypocritical is the fact that many would not have the same feelings if a legacy competed on a lcc's route. Instead it would be champagne, buntings and streamers.

Obviously the new easyjet routes are reportedly from easyjet bases so there is a good chance of SXF and MAD and great if they did but I don't believe expansion should be predicated on filling MANs gaps. Whilst still an LCC, MAN has the chance of having an airline with "big jets" creating a rather large operation... There will be times in the future when once again, easyjet will go head to head with another carrier.