PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA part 66 feedback meeting
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 05:10
Connaught

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wunwing, aveng et all i do apologize for sounding flippant, it was not the actual intent

as stated i have worked under Easa type regulatory framework, and as bad as this sounds for the avionics types, it isn't, as you know the aircraft are still incredibly complex and no one can possible know all systems, hence the company i was working for still employed avionics types on the line, and in heavy, and these guys still took care of all the defects and scheduled component changes, mostly due to us airframe/engine guys being too busy doing the scheduled maintenance and defects on the rest of the aircraft

while i had/have avionics priveldges on my canadian license, i am by no means an expert, never pretended to be (i think) it does mean that those 'grey' areas like my engine control units that have canon plugs on them i can change, or i can certify for cleaning and reapplying contact enhancer on a pw100 engine harness, which previously has been on the limits of being 'outside' the scope of my license

hope this clears up my position

Conn