PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 00:01
DomyDom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EZY at MAN

Would be good to see SXF (long overdue and will be popular), MAD would also be a good choice and stabilise growth on the route, and here's (still) hoping OPO (would be another inspired choice after BIO- and also EZY would not have to compete on the route for this popular european city break destination). CDG - ahh no!!! - really bad idea for a new route and enough said by others already! Other destinations in Italy (Bologna?) would be good but I accept unlikely to happen for the time being for whatever reason so it looks like we will have to keep using e.g. Lufthansa/ Brussels Airlines indirect for these destinations. However good to see Easyjet now being more proactive at MAN launching more exiting destinations, remember we only had PMI to look forward to from EZY at the start of this year. Overall very positive - lets hope this approach continues! I can't wait to go to Bilbao!

With regard to HEL - from what I hear Finnair provide a good product with a good connection market, and from experience scandanavia can be quite expensive for Brits for a city break destination, and after this winter probably people in the UK have had their fill of snow (!). Overall not suprised or too dissapointed to see it dropped from EZY's menu as I think it is best left to Finnair - and Easyjet have bigger and more interesting fish to fry.

Anyway it sounds like easyjets strategy is looking good and lets hope good things continue to materialise.

By the way also a big vote of thanks to the MAN management and route development team is due. We have now had a new route every month this year (MON, MAD, BIO) not including TAP going daily soon - not all airports are looking at such a rosy picture Keep up the good work!

DomyDom