PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New tax on Biz Jets?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2011, 10:21
what next

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello!

...some individuals and coorperations won´t continue their use of aircraft in Europe...
Maybe, maybe not. If this 30-Euro-tax is the final drop that lets the cask overflow, then so be it. Those persons would have stopped using their aircraft anyway sooner or later.

I rather see it from my point of view as a small taxpayer: When I go on holiday with my family, we have to pay our 30 Euro flying tax each of us. From the little money that all other taxes, health insurance, and so on, leave us with. And our own passengers in the back, for whom money does not seem to matter (*), are excempt from those taxes? That cannot be. Either we all pay them or nobody.

Regards, Max

(*) I was in LSZS a coule of weeks ago (first time since the new regulations, to continue another thead) and found out that they have raised their landing fees by another 200 Euros siince last year (we paid 1700 this time, including "free parking" for 30 minutes...). The apron was still quite full with bizjets of all sizes. So really, this tax does not hit the poorest among our society.