PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA part 66 feedback meeting
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2011, 03:26
Connaught

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have worked under the 'easa' system, in Canada which had the system when EASA was the JAA

it works well, there are still places for Avionics types,

lets be honest gentlemen, how many airframe/engine guys can EFFECTIVELY read a wiring diagram, i sure as hell can't, and i've been at it for 20 years, that being said it REALLY ****s me off that a pilot can change a lightbulb and i can't,

lets look at this realistically, a great many systems on aircraft today are electro-mechanical in nature, i know there are electrically controlled/pneumatically operated valves in Air condition systems, and not to mention the classic old solenoid valve in most other systems, what about electric fuel or hydraulic pumps, and those black boxes on engines, and the sensors that go with them, (most engine run like **** when they break), and then that box starts operating mechanical valves, motors and all the other stuff that goes with it

most maintenance ppl need to know and understand how a COMPLETE system works to effectively troubleshoot and repair it, don't feed me the **** that only a conehead can touch something with wires on it, it is SERIOUSLY time this country comes out of the dark ages

as for out on line when a radio head craps out, we can change it, call someone and if it works, great, away the aircraft goes, if it doesn't work - well the avionics guys will have to figure it out

on a side note Canada introduced a structures license as the same time, (those guys can do some really big repairs that make me look on in wonderment)

for GA, i don't see how it will change the way you guys go about you work, cept for AMO manuals etc etc

if anyone is offended by my comments it might be time for you to retire