PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 21st Mar 2011, 20:52
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mesmer

It was never my intention to insult and I apologise if you are. There seems to be a great misunderstanding amongst many who seem to believe that we went on strike because the CSD had to work on a trolley. We went on strike because of the principle of imposition.

Should we go on strike if they were to impose a pay rise of change the layout of the seats onboard? Maybe you should forward your queries to the union instead. Our dispute can't really be compared to such minor issues as it's not about a pay rise or different seats onboard which would mean having to work less. We are facing a management with a set agenda.

Reduction in basic pay and overtime happened somewhere around late 90's.

Have BASSA dealt with this in their best possible manner? No, they have many mistakes and could have dealt with it differently but there's no point looking back wishing things were different. This is where we are at the moment and we have to deal with it accordingly.

Will I continue to support the union? Unless our management provides guarantees that they have no intention of getting rid of me, nor starving me out of employment, and that I can continue with my job, without losing any earnings because of Mixed Fleet, the union will have my continued support.