PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2011, 15:08
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbus SAS A380 superjumbo
Yes they look like they're knowledgable on the subject matter upon which they write.

British Airways scrapped long-haul flights from Manchester in 2008, opting to route people through Heathrow, Europe’s busiest airport, on nine daily shuttles. The U.K. company says it has no plans to revise the model, even though 13 scheduled carriers including Delta Air Lines Inc., Continental Airlines and Singapore Airlines Ltd. offer long-haul services from the airport, which claims a catchment of 20 million people.
I make it AA, US, CO/UA, DL, VS, QR, EK, EY, TS, SQ, PK which is 11, Who am I missing?

Would there be any point in mentioning again that all of the airlines above have the same hub and spoke business model as British "Why won't they base big shiny long haul planes at Manchester" Airways? No? None at all? News to everyone?

Fine I'll shut up and join the party then. Nasty British Airways ! I don't understand why they don't have a long haul hub at MAN at all. Just my two cents....

btw why has Stand 03 turned (back?) into Stand 01? I am already confused enough without Northern-type stand planners adding to it....