PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJS pulls out of Rockhampton
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2002, 13:38
ITCZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK mppgf, tell me then...

YBAS-YPPF, 1070nm, headwind 90 knots, and Perth requires alternate (spec alt min not available.) Pearce not available (same weather). Which alternate would you nominate for your B717, and will you be telling the QF POCO to offload pax/bags/freight or otherwise limiting your load?

Or..
YBCS-YAYE, 965 miles, same headwind, YBAS not available.
How about YBBN-YBAS, 1061nm, YAYE not available?

Remember that someone who is worth the title of RPT jet captain would be expecting to at least shoot one approach before proceeding to a decent alternate.

I agree with Miss B, I am getting more than a LITTLE P!SSED at the brainless comments made on this forum about whose airline is 'better' than the next.

Who you work for has about stuff-all to do with how good you are. I have mates flying burners in (the former) Impulse, (the former) Ansett, (former) Flight West, Virgin, Qantas, Cathay, Singapore, Dragonair, Ryanair, JAL. All former bush pilots that beat around in crappy old cessnas and barons. Having worked shoulder-to-shoulder with all of them 24/7, I can tell you that they are all deserving of where they got to, but you CANT TELL ME THAT ONE IS ANY BETTER THAN ANOTHER by virtue of which faceless bureacrat ticked the box and put them on the payroll.

It may be time to stop operating under pseudonyms and register under your real name. That way we might get less sh!t stirring from the hoi polloi [sic].

Cut the beer talk and lets have some info from operators who know what they are doing.

I await informed opinion on the B717 v. the B146 on westerly routes exceeding 950 miles.