PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paradigm shift - an impossibility in commercial aviation?
Old 21st Mar 2011, 05:43
Tarq57

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Since you're in listening mode, as a SLF, I can tell you in a few sentences what I want most of all in an air travel experience.
-Flight crews that have relevant training, and are suitably rewarded and rested for the job they do.
-Airline employees that have a genuine enough loyalty to the company that they stay long enough to gain the experience needed to answer questions, and know exactly how to deal with problems, and do this well.
-Well maintained aircraft. Don't mind if it's a bit old, provided it's in good nick.
-A seat that I can be comfortable in. No economy seat I've been in recently achieves anything like this. The newer ones seem worse, if anything.
-No entertainment system in the back of the seat. I am sick of fingers punching me in the back of the neck while I'm trying to get to sleep in my cramped, uncomfortable seat.
-Enough room between rows so that if somebody in front reclines, I can still move. And use a meal tray. Even get out.

I don't mind paying a little extra for this.