PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Mar 2011, 22:46
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would I continue to pay £15 per month to a union that has served notice on the facilities agreement (and therefore cannot put forward any view in a meeting)? Why would I pay to a union which has provided its members with a list of strikers and by default non-strikers? Why would I pay a union which allows the naming and shaming of non-conforming members on its forum? Which has an ex-BA employee with an axe to grind and nothing to lose as Branch Secretary? Which has lied to its members over numerous issues? Which would not represent me now as I am a non-striker? Which has caused the instigation of Mixed Fleet, that might never have happened? Which has caused a division between crew that history has never known?

And most importantly, as stated earlier, why would I pay money to a union which was given carte blanche to provide savings, and could have done so at minimal damage to its members, yet walked away from the opportunity to do so?

if all the resigned bassa members had remained to have their votes counted, then matters could be different now.
Not so. The ballot process has proved, on several occassions, to be less than accurate so it is, by definition, unreliable.

However, if all the non-strikers had resigned from BASSA, there would be few funds left to support this abhorent organisation, and perhaps pressure from the Unite top-table would prevail.

The only way for non-strikers to make their voice heard is to vote with their feet: Walk away from the union that walked away from our right to have effective negotiation.

I am BA cabin crew and this is my viewpoint and not that of BA.

Last edited by HiFlyer14; 20th Mar 2011 at 22:57.